We have a very committed Governing Body which includes parents in its membership. The role of the school governors at Alverstoke Infant School is:
- To help in the strategic planning of the school – This means helping with the decision making process, approving the annual School Improvement Plan and allied budget plan, setting policies and appointing the Head Teacher.
- To secure accountability – This involves reporting on performance against targets set, hearing appeals, dealing with general complaints, conducting the Head’s appraisal and setting the Head’s salary range.
- To act as a critical friend – This involves supporting, monitoring, evaluating and challenging the running of the school.
- The whole governing body meet on a monthly basis, with some meetings being specifically focused on areas, such as finance, resources, health & safety and curriculum.
- If you have suggestions for the Governing Body please email: firstname.lastname@example.org Suggestions will be considered at the next Full Governing Body meeting.
Register of Governors’ Details and Pecuniary Interests
Mrs Victoria Newell
Clerk to the Governing Body